Member of the Academic Council of the Faculty
Date of birth: 5 February, 1954
Place of birth: Village Sadovaya, Kletsk district, Minsk region
Graduated from the Belarusian State University, Law Faculty in 1976, specialty jurisprudence.
In 1976 took a postgraduate course on Civil and Family law at BSU, Law Faculty.
In 1980 he defended the thesis “Legal issues of the supply of goods organization on the basis of direct long-term economic ties and was awarded PhD (Candidate of Sciences) in Law.
In 2004 – defended the thesis “Legal means of public needs provision with goods, works and services” and was awarded LLD (Doctor of Laws).
In 2006 he was conferred the title of “Professor”.
Since 1979 V. Godunov has been with the BSU as a junior lecturer, lecturer, associate professor at Civil and Family Law Department, Law Faculty.
From 1987 to 1989 he was Deputy Dean of the extra-mural department of BSU, from 1989 to 2002 – Dean of the Law Faculty of the Belarusian State University.
Valery Godunov was one of the initiators of the foundation of the Institute for retraining and in-service of judges, procurators, court and departments of justice officials, as well as of Law College. From 1998 to 2002 Valery Godunov performed the duties of the Director of this Institute on a voluntary basis and since 2002 up to present he has been the Director of this Institute. Since 1993 Valery Godunov has been holding the Chair of Civil Law.
Godunov V. is a recognized scholar in the field of civil law. He is the author of numerous papers devoted to the civil and economic law issues, two monographs, chapters in a textbook and a handbook on civil law, handbook on commercial law, coursebook on family law, comments upon the Civil Code of the Republic of Belarus. The main area of scientific interests is legal regulation of contract relations, including the supply (purchase) of goods, performance of operations and rendering services for public needs. Under his supervision 9 PhD theses have been defended.
1. Civil Law: textbook in 3 volumes Volume 3. Minsk, 2011. – 560 p.
2. Civil Law: textbook in 3 volumes Volume 2. Minsk, 2010. – 960 p.
3. Supply of goods, supply of goods for public needs, public purchase: relation issues and legal regulation / Justice and prosecutor’s supervision in the Republic of Belarus: legislation and practice: Collected scientific papers / Minsk, 2010. – 318-331.
4. Civil contract: aspects of general provisions / Minsk, 2010. – p. 474-484.
5. Economic relations and its legal regulation / Minsk, 2010. – p. 265-278.
The most notable papers:
1. Legal regulation of the agricultural products procurement / Minsk, 1985. – 104 p.
The contracts regulating production and sale of the agricultural goods are studied in the paper.
2. The Soviet Family Law: coursebook / Minsk, 1989. – 240 p. (co-authored).
The author analyses emergence and development of the matrimonial and family legislation, sources of family law, operation of the norms of the family law.
3. The agricultural area of the enterprise: information handbook / Minsk, 1990. – 160 p.
The issues of creation and activity of the subsidiary farming are considered in the book.
4. Civil Law: textbook in 3 volumes. Volume 1. Minsk, 2000. – 976 p.
The author studied provisions dealing with the notion, content and form of the contract, conclusion, alteration and termination of the contract.
5. Coursebook on Civil Law for law schools, Minsk, 2000. – 384 p.
The author provides the reader with bibliography and tasks on the following topics: “Civil contract”, “Supply contract” “Agricultural procurement contract”.
6 Civil Law: textbook in 2 volumes. Volume 2. Minsk, 2002. – 1008 p.
The author discusses provisions on supply and agricultural procurement of contracts.
7. Legal regulation of the sale of goods for public needs. / Minsk, 2002. – 184 p.
The legislation and contractual provisions on the sale of goods for public needs have been analyzed by the author.
8. Comments upon the Civil Code of the Republic of Belarus in three volumes / Volume 1. Minsk, 2003. – 776 p. (co-authored).
The author comments upon the norms dealing with the notion and clauses of the contract, conclusion, alteration and termination of the contract.
9. Comment to the Civil Code of the Republic of Belarus in three volumes (itemized) / Volume 2, Minsk, 2003. – 874 p. (co-authored).
The author comments upon the norms dealing with the contract of supply of goods for public needs, agricultural procurement contract, contract operation for public needs.
10. Handbook on the economic law / Minsk, 2003. – 240 p. (co-authored).
The author gives recommendations how to study economic law issues and provides a list of questions, bibliography, relevant legislative acts, provides tasks on the topic “Economic law and economic legislation”.
11. Comments upon the Civil Code of the Republic of Belarus, the legislative acts and judicial practice being enclosed: in 3 volumes. Volume 2. The general part of the law of obligation. Section IV. Certain types of obligations (chapters 30-50) / Minsk, 2005. – 1376 p. (co-authored).
The author comments upon the norms dealing with supply of goods for public needs, agricultural procurement contract, contract operation for public needs.
- tel.: +37517 2095574;