She was born on July 6, 1979 in Minsk.
She graduated from the Law Faculty of the BSU in 1973.
In 1983 she completed a post-graduate course in Law at the Institute of State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (Moscow) and was awarded PhD in Law for the thesis "Cooperation of local councils with prosecution agencies in the area of law enforcement, state and public order maintenance, citizens’ rights protection".
Since 1983 till 1994 she worked as a research officer at the Institute of Philosophy and Law of the National Academy of Sciences.
Since 1994 she has been working at the Law faculty of the BSU.
She lectures on History of State and Law of Foreign Countries.
She has authored over 40 research papers, course-books and training manuals.
The most notable publications:
• Yelena I. Orlovskaya. Local Councils and Public Prosecutor’s Office / textbook, Minsk, 1989. (Орловская, Е.И. Местные советы и прокуратура / учебник, Минск, 1989.)
The book examines the main trends and legal forms of interaction between local councils and the prosecution bodies in the field of law enforcement, maintaining state and public order, ensuring rights and legitimate interests of citizens. The author proposes a way of improving this interaction.
• Yelena I. Orlovskaya. Actual Trends of General Supervision Activities of the Prosecutor's Office Aimed at Coordination and Prevention of Crime / article, Minsk, 2009. (Орловская, Е.И. Актуальные направления общенадзорной деятельности прокуратуры по координации и профилактики преступлений / статья, Минск, 2009.)
This paper deals with criminological aspects of the prosecutor's office activities aimed at crime prevention. The prosecutor's office, which occupies a special place in law enforcement agencies, plays a special role in the radical improvement of anti-criminogenic potential of law enforcement. The author provides suggestions on improving the effectiveness of Public Prosecution Supervision in this sphere.
The recent publications:
• Yelena I. Orlovskaya. Magdeburg Law in Cities of Belarus / article, Kyiv, 2010. (Орловская, Е.И. Магдебургское право в городах Беларуси / статья, Киев, 2010.)
• Yelena I. Orlovskaya. Death Penalty in Belarusian History / article, Minsk, 2011. (Орловская, Е.И. Смертная казнь в истории Беларуси / статья, Минск, 2011.)
• Yelena I. Orlovskaya. Magdeburg Law Charters as a Source of Law in Belarus of the 16th Century / article, Minsk, 2010. (Орловская, Е.И. Грамоты на магдебургское право как источник общеземского права Беларуси 16 в. – в сборнике Статут Великого Княжества Литовского 1529 г. – основа развития белорусской государственности и конституционности / статья, Минск, 2010.)