Place of birth is Belarus, Gomel region, Rogachev city
In 2005 was awarded the Honours degree at the law faculty of the Belarusian State University, in 2006 at the same University was awarded the Specialist first class degree, which is equal to the Master first class degree. In the period 2006-2009 took post-graduate courses and in 2011 has been given PhD after defense of the thesis which concentrates on simplification of criminal procedure in the Republic of Belarus in order to protect rights of all participants in criminal trial.
Starting her career as probationer at notory’s office since 2007 V. Zhigulich has been working as a lecture and chief lecturer at the Department of Criminal Procedure and Directorate of Public Prosecutions (Law faculty, Belarusian State University). She teaches several disciplines connecting with forensic science and criminal procedure and also delivers lectures for the University’s students about basics of law.
In 2006 became a laureate of the Presidential Fund for Social Support of gifted students and also was awarded by Diploma of the Belarusian State University for excellent studies and achievements in scientific activity. In the same year V. Zhigulich was honored with the Letter of Commendation of the Ministry of Education for great studies, good behavior, active participation in scientific and social life.
Scientific interests concentrate on criminal procedure, international and comparative criminal procedure, forensic science, structure and activity of law enforcement bodies.
She is an author near 30 cientific works, among others are:
1. Zhigulich, V. Legal consequences of conducting judicial investigation in simplified order // Judicial Bulletin. – 2010. – № 4. – P. 69–73.
The article deals with analysis several consequences which arise in spite of simplified order of judicial investigation application and express different changes in next stages of criminal procedure.
2. Zhigulich, V. Abbreviated forms of trial in criminal procedure // Justice of Belarus. – 2008. – № 3. – P. 46–49.
In the article different forms of judicial simplification are examined in the compliance with the national summary trial of the Republic of Belarus – simplified order of judicial investigation
3. Zhigulich, V. Acceleration of trial – common direction of criminal procedural law development in Russia and Belarus // Business in Law. – 2008. – № 3. – P. 324–328.
In the article deep analysis of similarities and differences between Russian and Belarusian types of abbreviated judicial investigation are done and suggestions for their future development are proposed
4. Zhigulich, V. Conditions of simplified judicial investigation application // Law and Order. – 2009. – № 3. – P. 58–62.
The author examines in details all conditions of simplified judicial investigation application apart from which this form of trial cannot be used
5. Zhigulich, V. Establishment of the truth in criminal case during summary trial // Blanks in Russian Law. – 2008. – № 2. – P. 247–250.
In the article the author suggests her view on correlation between one of the unwritten criminal procedure principal – definition of the truth in criminal case and simplified order of judicial investigation
6. Zajceva L., Zhigulich V Order of simplified judicial investigation in Belarusian criminal procedure // Justice of Belarus. – 2010. – № 4. – P. 20–23.
In the article stages of simplified judicial investigation are studied in turn, mistakes which has been taken place in practice are showed and ways of their redresses are proposed
7. Zajceva L., Zhigulich V. Plea guilty as the base for conducting judicial investigation in simplified order // Judicial Bulletin. – 2008. – № 3. – P. 69–73.
The article deals with the study of the context and meaning of the summary trial use base – plea guilty which creates ability to simplify judicial procedure